A free-ranging Mexican gray wolf (Canis lupus baileyi) suffered intestinal rupture following ingestion of an insecticidal cattle ear tag. Subsequent organophosphate toxicosis as a cause of the rupture was speculated. Insecticidal ear tags could represent a poisoning risk in canids and other wildlife scavengers.
You have requested a machine translation of selected content from our databases. This functionality is provided solely for your convenience and is in no way intended to replace human translation. Neither BioOne nor the owners and publishers of the content make, and they explicitly disclaim, any express or implied representations or warranties of any kind, including, without limitation, representations and warranties as to the functionality of the translation feature or the accuracy or completeness of the translations.
Translations are not retained in our system. Your use of this feature and the translations is subject to all use restrictions contained in the Terms and Conditions of Use of the BioOne website.
Vol. 49 • No. 1