Eighty-seven species belonging to 59 genera and 33 plant families identified in the study area are presented. The three families with the most species represented were Labiatae (nine aquatic species), Compositae (seven species), and Salicaceae (seven species). The genera most represented were Mentha (six species), Polygonum (five species), and Salix (five species). Sixty-three folk-medicinal aquatic species (73.3%) had similar therapeutic uses in neighboring countries, while the 24 remaining species (26.7%) did not show therapeutic similarity with their use in other countries. Emerged species (plants rooted in soil under water but which emerge partially above the water's surface) were the most recorded, while amphibious, submerged, and floating species were the least recorded. The folk-medicinal importance of the recorded aquatic species were classified by rank-order priority (ROP). Twenty-one species (24%) had ROP values higher than 50, indicating the highest popularity level in folk-medicinal potentiality; 26 species (29.9%) had therapeutic effects informed by fewer than three informants and were therefore excluded from further consideration; 40 species (46.1%) had ROP values of less than 50, and were thus classified as nonpopular medicinal plants.
You have requested a machine translation of selected content from our databases. This functionality is provided solely for your convenience and is in no way intended to replace human translation. Neither BioOne nor the owners and publishers of the content make, and they explicitly disclaim, any express or implied representations or warranties of any kind, including, without limitation, representations and warranties as to the functionality of the translation feature or the accuracy or completeness of the translations.
Translations are not retained in our system. Your use of this feature and the translations is subject to all use restrictions contained in the Terms and Conditions of Use of the BioOne website.