An adult, female white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) died due to acute arsenic intoxication in an intensively managed northern hardwood forest in northern New York. We hypothesize that the deer licked trees injected with Silvisar 550, which contains mono-sodium methanearsonate. We believe this is the first report of death of a free-ranging white-tailed deer, due to ingestion of monosodium methanearsonate.
You have requested a machine translation of selected content from our databases. This functionality is provided solely for your convenience and is in no way intended to replace human translation. Neither BioOne nor the owners and publishers of the content make, and they explicitly disclaim, any express or implied representations or warranties of any kind, including, without limitation, representations and warranties as to the functionality of the translation feature or the accuracy or completeness of the translations.
Translations are not retained in our system. Your use of this feature and the translations is subject to all use restrictions contained in the Terms and Conditions of Use of the BioOne website.